Tuesday, September 8, 2009

An Expensive Snack

Yesterday, Auston enjoyed the most expensive meal he’ll ever eat. No, it wasn’t a steak from Del Frisco’s, or a big spoonful of caviar, it was this:



Yep, that’s a mushroom. We had a few of these growing in our back yard, and Auston decided to find out if they tasted good. Apparently these silly things can be really poisonous and when your child eats one, poison control recommends that you quickly take a little trip to the emergency room. Auston was given a charcoal and cranberry juice concoction to absorb all of the toxins from the mushroom. He also had to have some blood work done. Thankfully he is doing just fine now. Good times! There’s certainly never a dull moment with this kid!



Here's a picture of Auston after enjoying his charcoal treat, complete with charcoal residue on his mouth.



The EMT that took his vitals apparently found some humor in the reason that we were there.

6 comments:

Peggy Rice said...

Sweet! Tell the taste tester we are glad he is feeling better!

Carissa Boyd said...

Oh, Auston! This is only funny because he is fine. It really IS funny, though. :)

A few years ago at C3, Erwin McManus talked about mushroom tasters as a metaphor for innovators and leaders, the boldness they must have possessed. You have a very bold young man on your hands!

Debra said...

I'm giggling (of course, after the fact)......thank goodness you have pictures (memories)!!! :-)

KirkKrew said...

Like the others, I can't help but laugh! I'm so glad your adventurous boy is OK!! :)

nana said...

I'm so glad our little guy is ok!!I think mushrooms cooked with a little butter would have tasted much better!

Alida said...

I love that you posted the mushroom. Hahaa. I got a chuckle out of that one. I am sure it was a scary experience,but given what we know about Auston, you may be in for more of those type visits. HE is adorable! Just dont' let him loose in the backyard! haha.

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones