Words cannot begin to express my gratitude for all of your prayers and support for me and my family during this devastating time. Your outpouring of love and support has absolutely overwhelmed me. Please know that we feel all of your prayers and God has been (and ALWAYS will be!) faithful to answer them. His love is sustaining all of us as we try to cope with the loss of one of the greatest men this world has ever known.
I have never been more proud of my husband than I am today. Each one of you have shared your stories about how Jimmy has touched your life and it makes my heart smile to know that all of you got to truly see the amazing man that he was. His legacy will continue on through your memories and stories. His ministry will continue, even though he is no longer physically here to carry it out. Jimmy's passion each and every day was to help heal broken marriages and to teach young married people how to create an amazing one. He not only talked the talk, he walked the walk. He was the best husband a woman could ever ask for and he lived out what he taught on stage. If there is anything that he would want any of you to take from his passing, it would be to put God first in your life. When you do that, everything else just falls into place. Jimmy had such a passion for men being true men of God. He challenged husbands each and every day to live up to the role that God called them to. He believed in his heart that we could change the world if we could change men and how they lead their families.
My prayer is that if you don't know Christ personally, that you would come to know Him. I have now witnessed how quickly life can be taken from you. We are not promised tomorrow. We are not promised five minutes from now. The time to turn your life to Christ is right now. Jesus Christ is the ONLY thing that will give you joy, peace, love, passion and purpose. I wouldn't want a single person that knew Jimmy to not know that truth. He lived his life to point others to Christ and I want his ministry to continue. I have peace because I know without a shadow of a doubt that Jimmy is walking with the Lord at this very moment. I hurt for me and my family because he will be so DEARLY missed, but I don't hurt for Jimmy because I know who he belongs to and where he is. I pray that no one that encountered him or our family walks away from us not knowing that truth.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support. They are appreciated more than you will ever know. May God bless all of you and your marriages.
Services will be held at the Fellowship Church Chapel
Visitation: Tuesday, February 10, 6:00 - 8:00pm
Memorial Service: Wednesday, February 11, 10:00am
In lieu of flowers we have established two funds in memory of Jimmy:
Fellowship Church, Jimmy York Memorial Fund
Fellowship Church
2450 Hwy 121 N.
Grapevine, TX 76051
Jimmy York Memorial Fund
People’s Bank
Colleyville Branch:
5712 Colleyville Blvd.
Colleyville TX, 76034
817-605-3250
Grapevine Branch:
601 W. Northwest Hwy.
Grapevine, TX 76051
817-251-2820





Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Jimmy Michael York 1975- 2009
Posted by
The York Family
at
10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




21 comments:
Tricia, I have no idea of the details and when I read the email from Heather I just prayed that she was speaking of another York family. I want you to know that we are sending you prayers across the ocean and that we love you.
Tricia,
Jimmy was an amazing person. And you, my dear, are too. I so admire your strength, your desire to minister to others when you are in the midst of such a great trial. God has big plans for you, I have no doubt. You know, Jimmy, Sam, and I were meeting one time and we were talking about some of the challenges of minsitry and Jimmy said to us, "Ministry is dirty." We quote him often. He was right: it's not easy, it's not pretty, it's not always fun, but it IS worth it. He was willing to get down and get his knees dirty (literally) and do whatever it took to reach people. It wasn't about him getting glory, it was about God and helping people find Him. He was a wonderful man and you're right, his impact on the lives of people will be felt for generations. He was one of the people that really "Got it." And by the way, I knew Jimmy before I knew you, and one of my earliest memories of him is how his face would light up when he spoke of you. He absolutely adored you...it was so obvious. Once I got to know you, I could see why. I adore you too. I love you a ton.
Sorry, I didn't mean to post that "anonymous!"
Oh, Tricia . . . beautifully stated, from a beautiful women. I always knew Jimmy was right where God needed him here on earth - he was made for his role as married life/small groups pastor. May we all find peace in the fact that Jimmy is now right were God needs him as well. I am proud to say I served under Jimmy in ministry and I am proud to call you both friend. Jimmy walked with and prayed for many families/marriages during their darkest hours and now we are here for you - whenever, whatever. Love you.
Tricia, I have been out of town and just heard the news. I know we don't know each other very well but my heart is aching for you right now and I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I am lifting you up in prayer as you go through this tragedy. Jimmy sounds like an amazing husband, father and true man of God. Love, Amy Fuhrmann (CBS sister & Scrapbooking friend).
I knew of your husband as a longtime member of FC and count our Home Team as one of my greatest blessings. I know that words, especially from someone you have never met, cannot offer much comfort, but my prayer is instead for God's comfort to envelope you and for His still small voice to be with you in this unimaginable sorrow.
Tricia,
The first thought that came to my mind when I read this is that God has given you comfort and peace like only He can. He has answered our prayers.
Jimmy was an incredible husband, Pastor and friend. Fellowship Church will be a much greater place if everyone that shared his passion and vision would now "step up to the plate and serve".
I challenge each person who reads this to put your love into action. If you really love Jimmy, carry out his legacy and be Jesus to the world. Don't just "talk the talk". Make a difference in this church, this city and this world.
Can you imagine what our church would be like if every person served? Can you imagine what your marriage would look like if you made it a priority to serve each other? What a great way to honor Jimmy.
Tricia, I will definitely continue praying for you and your family! Jimmy was such a great godly man. I looked forward to talking to him every time I went to Fellowship. He answered random phone calls from me for encouragement and guidance with Godly advice. I know it makes your proud to hear that all thoughts of him were so positive and encouraging. I'm glad to say I knew him and was a small part of his life. God bless you! Love you guys.
Joel Strickland
Tricia, you are such a remarkable and strong woman!! You too were sent down on earth to do God's work.
I feel at peace with Jimmy passing on, because I know he is with the Lord. My heart hurts for you and the boys.
I have been in constant prayer for the entire York family, and for anyone that Jimmy touched.
Jimmy inspired me in so many ways....I pray I can carry that on and inspire others the same way.
Love you lots!
Tricia,
I can't even imagine what you're going through but your strength is a testimony of your foundation in Christ.
Jimmy was there for me when I needed him, and the conversations we had about ministry and marriage will always be special to me.
His impact was far-reaching, and how awesome it is to hear from you how he lived his ministry out in his family life too.
If there is ever anything I can do, please don't hesitate to contact me.
In Christ,
John.
Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not be dismayed, for I am your God
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand
Tricia, our prayers are with you.
Dear Tricia -
You may not remember us, but we sat at your table during the Prep for Parenting class last year. We were the ones expecting twin boys.
Our hearts and prayers are with you.
John and Cindy
Tricia-
Your strength throughout this time is amazing to me. I have been so burdened and just continued to pray that God would cover you with his comfort and love.
I was home for the past 2 days, and just hearing my parents and even all the family talk about Jimmy and the impact he made was incredible.
I will always remember running into y'all between services and how GENUINE and LOVING y'all both were.
Jimmy has left a legacy that can't be forgotten. Hearing Pops talk about him, and the class they taught together just encouraged me in the marriage I'll have one day.
May God continue to comfort you and COVER YOU IN PEACE!!
Love,
Janelle Whittington
Tricia,
I am totally amazed at your strength! God made an incredible woman when he made you! You are walking through this storm with such amazing peace and encouragement to OTHERS during YOUR time of grief. You have constantly been on my mind and I pray for you often. Jimmy would have been so proud of you tonight at the visitation. I watched you greet hundreds of people with a smile and such gratitude. I came to give you a hug and tell you how much you are loved and I left totally amazed at how wonderful you were to everyone there. You must be completely exhausted. I pray you will lie down and sleep in peace! Lots of love to you! I am honored to be your friend! Audra
Tricia,
I am totally amazed at your strength! God made an incredible woman when he made you! You are walking through this storm with such amazing peace and encouragement to OTHERS during YOUR time of grief. You have constantly been on my mind and I pray for you often. Jimmy would have been so proud of you tonight at the visitation. I watched you greet hundreds of people with a smile and such gratitude. I came to give you a hug and tell you how much you are loved and I left totally amazed at how wonderful you were to everyone there. You must be completely exhausted. I pray you will lie down and sleep in peace! Lots of love to you! I am honored to be your friend! Audra
I don't know your family, but my son and daughter in law (daniel and kristen martin) do. You can count on my prayers. I understand your lose. My husband Jim died 2 years ago. He along with your Jimmy are walking the streets of gold with Jesus.
Please know that I will be praying! This life is so fleeting but eternity is forever! PRAISE GOD!
grace & peace, melanie martin
Tricia...
I did not have the privilege to really know you or Jimmy personally. However, I have been a member of Fellowship for over 10 years and heard Jimmy's name many times. Just recently, my husband and I were able to take his "Marriage That Lasts" FC Studies class. We were there just two weeks ago when he taught the very first session. It was so easy to see his passion for the Lord and the love he had for his wife. He had that inner joy that only comes from KNOWING God and keeping that connection going. Even in death, he has inspired me. I went to his funeral, learned so much more about him and came out of there craving that strong connection that I used to have with God. I am searching for Him now more than I have in a very long time... all because of Jimmy. And... as we went to the marriage class last night and heard J. Lee speak, he gave the class your message... "Tell that class never to take your spouse for granted." Again, through his death (and your message), Jimmy probably brought many couples who were struggling closer together. He is STILL ministering to married couples and will continue to do so through his legacy. Thank you, Tricia, for sharing your husband with the rest of us who needed his ministry and example. And yes... he living next to his Lord and Savior right now, something the rest of us strive to do. Do not think for a minute though that we have forgotten those he left behind and the pain they are feeling. I have cried many times throughout the week because my heart is breaking for you and your boys. Please find comfort in the fact there are hundreds of us out here that you don't even know praying for you and your family. You are in our hearts...
Tricia - I never met you but my husband, Michael, used to work with Jimmy at FC five years ago. I remember him coming home and talking about Jimmy and what a great guy he was. We were both so saddened to hear the news last week and want you to know that we are praying for you and your boys. We know that God in his infinite wisdom has an amazing plan through all of this. We pray for Him to give you strength, peace, joy and hope in the days ahead.
You are such a strong woman with so much faith. You made me a better woman, just by reading this blog. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment